Friday, October 10, 2014

Ocracoke Shine 24x30


Ocracoke Shine- 24x30
 
Now available at Down Creek Gallery on Ocracoke Island NC
 
This one really shows the new direction my painting has been evolving to in the last six or seven months. everybody is starting to say they see a big shift taking place. 
 
I'm becoming less and less enthralled with copying what I'm actually seeing. these days I seem to want to put my own twist on what I'm seeing and I love pushing around the more saturated color. That's what inspired me to paint this scene. the contrast between the flaming yellow orange fall grass and the deep blues of the water and sky, as well as the red roof of the building in the distance.
 
was able to stop painting when I needed to, to give me the raw energy in the strokes that I wish I had in all my big stuff.
 
Thanks to all my friends that showed up in Ocracoke to paint for the week. they were: Sue Morris, Dan Nelson, Joanne Geisel, Fen Rascoe, and Scott Boyle. You made me laugh, contemplate a lot of things, and really inspired me creatively. It was great fun hanging out with you all, making paintings!

No comments: